7.07.2009

I'd write you a dictionary to verbalize your brilliance

Do you remember when we met?
I do.

I was fifteen. Young, aspiring.

You were bold, and seemingly fearless.
And over time, i've grown to make realizations of you and all your worth.


You once created fireflies in my eyes, years upon years ago. They lit up my face with a glow that was more than empowering. I felt alive.

If I could vebalize just how amazing you are and have been to me, we'd be here a long, long time.




I have tried. But relentlessly, I feel like I have failed. I'd have to create new words for proof, but i'm not sure if it is time for that.



The fireflies are gone, but my eyes still get a dim glimmer when I speak to or of you.


I'd dedicate my written dictionary to you and hope that I could make you feel as important as you did to me when you woke up at 3 a.m. every morning to leave me those 'have a great day' voicemails.


Three years have flown by us, haven't they? But I still admire you.

Thanks to Brandi for writing this for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment